Others / Bits & bobs
- Plan your trip (flights, sightseeing trips, expeditions) by yourself – always saves a couple of $
- Free city walking tours (the admission is based on the tips you give after the tour).
- Always negotiate prices
- Visit one continent and travel overland
- Bank fees, get a credit card with no fees (DKB). Use credit card to get out money (with small fees or none), not debit, so many fees.
- Avoid high season – sometimes not possible
- Book trips in advance – sometimes not possible
- Save money to pay for wi-fi (most bars have free wi-fi or sometimes just enjoy without). Free wi-fi at Starbucks, McDonalds and libraries.
- Don’t tip if its not necessary
- Avoid expensive partying ? Really, I can never
- ISIC international student card gives you good discounts on tours / Bring a Student card / they let you make on in BKK on Koh San Road on the street (just bring a passphoto for ca. $50).
- Work&Travel (Australia, Canada, New Zealand)
- Au Pair Programmes (USA)
- Minimise bills back home (cancel contracts and freeze insurances (if possible)
- Sub-let apartment at home
I TRAVEL FOREVER’s RECOMMENDATION
Follow at least two of them and you can notice significant savings in your pocket & travel longer.
#TW # TIPS TO SAVE MONEY